Whilst barren battery cages have been banned in Europe, the new ‘enriched’ battery cages still offer each hen no more usable space than an A4 sheet of paper and do not meet the birds' full behavioural and physical needs.
Head straight to our Simply Ask restaurant finder or find out more on our about us page. If you run a restaurant that uses cage-free eggs and does not serve foie gras or white veal, then shout about it! Join now – it’s free.
1. Find a restaurant. Our restaurant finder already has hundreds of restaurants that are already using cage-free eggs and other higher welfare ingredients.
2. Nominate a restaurant. If you know a restaurant that uses cage-free eggs then let us by contacting us. That way we can tell them about Simply Ask.
3. Tell others. Use our social network tools on the right to tell your friends and family about Simply Ask.
4. Join the discussion. Take part in our Simply Ask Facebook page to share your favourite ethical food and restaurants with others, whilst getting all the latest news.
5. Find out more. Our site is jam-packed with more information about Simply Ask, Freedom Food, the RSPCA’s welfare standards and farm animal welfare.
6. And, remember to Simply Ask. We all have the right to know what we are eating, so don’t be afraid to ask if it is Freedom Food, free range or organic.